PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Question for ponyvb99

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Question for ponyvb99

Postby Mitch McConnell » Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:41 pm

OK, so the team lost to Tulsa to finish the regular season at 25-6 and 17-3. I think you said elsewhere they would have to win to probably feel better about their at-large chances.

So given the result, the best record in school history, I guess a quality loss vs. Tulsa (2 in total), have they done enough to get inside the bubble? Do they need to get to the conference title game to get in? Do they need to win the tournament?

It would be a shame if this squad doesn't get an opportunity. Thanks.
Mitch McConnell
Hall of Famer

Re: Question for ponyvb99

Postby indianmustang » Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:23 pm

Mustang from India
indianmustang
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby ponyvb99 » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:28 pm

Mitch McConnell wrote:OK, so the team lost to Tulsa to finish the regular season at 25-6 and 17-3. I think you said elsewhere they would have to win to probably feel better about their at-large chances.

So given the result, the best record in school history, I guess a quality loss vs. Tulsa (2 in total), have they done enough to get inside the bubble? Do they need to get to the conference title game to get in? Do they need to win the tournament?

It would be a shame if this squad doesn't get an opportunity. Thanks.

Been traveling, so didn't see your email. No conference tournament anymore in C-USA, so the team needed to beat Tulsa to get a bid. The team was indeed a bubble team and probably one of the first teams out of the tournament. Deserved a bid in my opinion and does not take away from what the team accomplished this year - - Can't say anymore that Coach Seifert is building a winner at SMU. She's done that and with continued strong recruiting classes - - the team needs to break through next season with a bid. Good luck to the team!!
ponyvb99

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Dec 03, 2010 10:38 pm

So Tulsa beat ranked LSU 3-0. Maybe the NCAA should rethink only taking one C-USA team.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports