PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Erwin's Women's Soccer 2011 Recruiting Evaluation

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Erwin's Women's Soccer 2011 Recruiting Evaluation

Postby mustangbill67 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:45 pm

mustangbill67
PonyFans.com Legend

Re: Erwin's Women's Soccer 2011 Recruiting Evaluation

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Feb 06, 2011 10:31 am

Good find. Thanks for sharing.

Courtney Smith looked great last season, and Shelby Redman and Jessica Bartol both did look like they had a lot of potential before their knee injuries.

(Not to also discount the contributions last season from Katie Bass who played a lot of minutes on defense and Amanda Burghardt who made some great plays as well - diving headers and stuff which you don't see so much in the women's game)

With those sophomores and this good recruiting class, we should have a decent foundation for a good season this year.

Hopefully, the turnaround of the program really is underway.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Dutch » Sat Feb 12, 2011 12:09 am

go mustangs
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby August » Sun Feb 13, 2011 7:12 pm

CoxMustangFan wrote:Ok, perhaps a dumb question, but do woman soccer players not get scholarships? If they do, why would players opt for less expensive state schools??

Unlike football, there are only 14 full scholarships and Erwin can divide them amongst his players, offering, for example, a percentage of a full, books only, room and board, etc. Some players may also qualify for academic scholarships or grants. Parents then foot the rest of the bill which can still be a hefty sum here.
Don't confuse me with the facts; I've made up my mind.
August
Junior Varsity

Return to Other Sports