PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Soccer (W) draws 0-0 with LSU in Spring opener

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Soccer (W) draws 0-0 with LSU in Spring opener

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Mar 01, 2011 8:59 pm

The SMU women's soccer team drew 0-0 against LSU on Saturday.

There isn't much information on the athletics web site so who knows who played (especially any of the injured players).

The only real note of interest is Lauryn Bodden did play the second half, recording her first minutes in goal at the collegiate level.

On the bright side, the SMU web site actually has the result while the LSU web site does not. Maybe there is hope for SMU after all!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Soccer (W) draws 0-0 with LSU in Spring opener

Postby Hal » Thu Mar 03, 2011 11:44 am

Forgive me for not knowing the team, but why is a goalie playing five minutes a "note of interest"?
Hal
Varsity

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Mar 03, 2011 1:30 pm

Hal wrote:Forgive me for not knowing the team, but why is a goalie playing five minutes a "note of interest"?

Bodden played the entire second half, so she recorded 45 minutes.

I consider it interesting because the only keepers on the roster are Courtney Webb who will be a senior next season, and Bodden and Meg Stewart who are both freshmen this year (although Stewart is a redshirt).

Webb played every minute this season, so it is crucial for the freshman backups to get minutes at the collegiate level this spring since they will provide depth next fall in Webb's senior year and also will likely be in goal the following season.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby Dutch » Fri Mar 04, 2011 9:43 pm

go ponies
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Other Sports