PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Equestrian left out of National Championship bracket

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Equestrian left out of National Championship bracket

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Mar 30, 2011 3:52 pm

The Varsity Equestrian 2011 National Championship brackets were released today, and somewhat surprisingly SMU has been left out this season.

I'm totally bummed about this. I can only guess it's because we did not compete in any Western competitions this season. I can see where they wouldn't want to have two different teams have to pay expenses, etc. to each fill the lower seeds in two different brackets. They have the same 12 teams in both the Hunter Seat and Western brackets.

In all honesty, we should have at least the 12th seed if not the 11th seed in the Hunter Seat bracket, but the final spots went to Tennessee-Martin (10), Delaware State (11), and New Mexico State (12).

I guess we'll see what happens this offseason and if we make an effort to expand our Western program. Hopefully, even if we don't, the progress made this season will continue and we will post a good enough record in Hunter Seat competitions to get in.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Equestrian left out of National Championship bracket

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Mar 30, 2011 6:19 pm

Still upset - but I guess it's hard to let a 2-10 team in when one of the wins is against Sam Houston who was only a limited participant this season.

I still thought our 8-4 win over Delaware State would give us the 12 seed over them.

Disappointing, because our scores this past weekend were really good. I think the committee made a mistake.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports