PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Jordyn Pettersen named All-American!

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Jordyn Pettersen named All-American!

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Mar 31, 2011 11:41 am

Some great news from the equestrian team - as reported on the SMU athletics site:

Equestrian's Jordyn Pettersen Named All-American By Varsity Equestrian

DALLAS (SMU/Varsity Equestrian) --- SMU equestrian's Jordyn Pettersen was named as a Varsity Equestrian 2010-11 All-American team member this week. The junior earned the honor for her impressive season over fences, where she compiled an 11-1 record and six MVPs. The Fallbrook, Calif. native led the nation in Adjusted VERS, which rates equestrian athletes performance during the year.

"We are so proud of Jordyn's success this season," said SMU head coach Haley Schoolfield. "Her work ethic, determination and confidence have propelled her to the very top of her sport. This is a great sign of where our team is headed with Jordyn paving the way for what I am sure are many more successes to come for SMU Equestrian. Coach Natalie Burton and I couldn't be more excited and we are looking forward to cheering Jordyn on as she is honored next Wednesday along with the other All Americans."

The 2011 All-American awards will be presented at the opening ceremony at this year's Varsity Equestrian National Championships, hosted by Baylor University at the Extraco Events Center in Waco, TX. Opening ceremonies will be held on Wednesday, April 13th at 6pm CT at the Extraco Events Center. A welcome banquet will follow.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Jordyn Pettersen named All-American!

Postby Roach » Thu Mar 31, 2011 2:45 pm

I'll be honest: I couldn't tell an All-America from any other rider who can actually stay on a horse, but nonetheless, All-America status is awesome. Congratulations.
Plagiarize!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes.
Remember why the good lord made your eyes.
So don't shade your eyes, just
Plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize!

(Only be sure always to call it, please .... "research.")
Roach
Heisman

Re: Jordyn Pettersen named All-American!

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:36 pm

This is the first year Varsity Equestrian has awarded All-American honors. They named four All-Americans in each of the four disciplines - so this really is an impressive achievement for Jordyn. Congratulations.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports