PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Tansel Named Women's Swimming Assistant Coach

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby PonyPride » Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:23 pm

From SMUMustangs.com:

June 22, 2011

DALLAS (SMU) - Danielle Tansel has been named assistant coach for the SMU women's swimming and diving program head coach Steve Collins announced today.

"I am very pleased that Danielle will be joining our program," Collins said. "Danielle is an experienced coach having spent the past three years with the University of Richmond and the two years prior at Oakland University. She's a strong teacher with excellent skills, who brings a positive energy to her coaching."

"I'm extremely excited to join the SMU program," Tansel said. "With such an established, successful coaching staff, we will continue attract top-level student-athletes. Working with Steve is a great opportunity for me and offers great growth for me as a person and a coach. I'm excited to join this great program."

Tansel spent three years at Richmond, contributing to all aspects of the Spiders' championship swimming & diving program, including the organization of team travel, recruiting, and the management of the team's camps and clinics.

Tansel began her coaching career at Oakland in Rochester Hills, Mich. following her graduation from Notre Dame. She spent two years as a graduate assistant coach on the Golden Grizzlies' staff as the team continued its string of Summit League Championships.

A standout swimmer at the University of Notre Dame, Tansel was a scholarship student-athlete and won numerous athletic and academic awards in her career. She graduated as the Fighting Irish record-holder in the 100 backstroke. She received her bachelor's degree in anthropology from Notre Dame and holds a master's degree in counseling from Oakland.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports