PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Women's Soccer - SMU vs. Arkansas

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Women's Soccer - SMU vs. Arkansas

Postby RealSMUfan » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:27 pm

What is the big deal about them having the same uniforms??
RealSMUfan
Recruit

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:33 pm

RealSMUfan wrote:What is the big deal about them having the same uniforms??

For the people who care about what the team wears (like me - and I know there are others).

In the exhibition, they wore last year's uniforms, but most of the freshmen (and transfer) weren't wearing their real numbers - so there was some talk they were just taking whatever was available from last season and they may have a new design this season.

Friday night they were in the same blue shirts with the red darts on the side, plain white shorts, and red socks with no stripes just like last season - quite the natty look if you ask me.

The new players were all in their real numbers as listed on the roster on the web site.

Will be interested to see the whites, and to see what happens with the keeper shorts and how much the keepers wear their green kits.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Women's Soccer - SMU vs. Arkansas

Postby Mustangsabu » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:35 pm

You know me, I'm always scared by keepers who stray out of their box but in this case I guess that might not have been the case. Have to put the chances away.
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:59 pm

Mustangsabu wrote:You know me, I'm always scared by keepers who stray out of their box but in this case I guess that might not have been the case. Have to put the chances away.

No - the first Arkansas goal was just a horrible combination of a short low kick that they were able to possess in midfield. Then they were able to perfectly float it in the net just under the crossbar and over the keeper - the kind of thing you see from time to time.

It was really rough though since SMU had totally controlled the game up to that point. But that's soccer.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby RealSMUfan » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:19 pm

For the people who care about what the team wears (like me - and I know there are others).

In the exhibition, they wore last year's uniforms, but most of the freshmen (and transfer) weren't wearing their real numbers - so there was some talk they were just taking whatever was available from last season and they may have a new design this season.

I know for a FACT they are not ordering new uniforms. Those were custom made last year. The reason that some of the new players were not wearing "their" numbers were that 'their" number was too large of a uniform and they are getting new small ones made for those few.

While I don't necessarily like the blue kit (and I know the girls didn't really like them either) they are not getting new ones.
RealSMUfan
Recruit

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:37 pm

RealSMUfan wrote:

I know for a FACT they are not ordering new uniforms. Those were custom made last year. The reason that some of the new players were not wearing "their" numbers were that 'their" number was too large of a uniform and they are getting new small ones made for those few.

While I don't necessarily like the blue kit (and I know the girls didn't really like them either) they are not getting new ones.

Thanks for the info. It still amazes me we are able to get custom adidas shirts when tons of professional clubs are stuck with adidas templates.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby RealSMUfan » Mon Aug 22, 2011 5:38 pm

Adidas now has this miTeam custom set for schools.
RealSMUfan
Recruit

Previous

Return to Other Sports