PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Soccer (W) Celebrates in Norman

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Soccer (W) Celebrates in Norman

Postby pony717 » Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:30 pm

The women's soccer team enjoyed well-deserved ice cream sundaes at Braums after their win over OU in Norman. According to the twitter post, the store stayed open beyond their normal closing time to accommodate the winners.

pony717
Recruit

Re: Soccer (W) Celebrates in Norman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Aug 30, 2011 8:37 am

Three points:

1 - I think it is great the athletic department is starting to be more active in using social media to help increase interest in the various teams. I'm sure you have seen they have created facebook pages for all of the sports with a consistent look and feel. You just can't ignore that aspect of communication anymore.

2 - I was so jacked up when they sent that picture out the other night. I was already pretty high just from the win, but to see such a great picture so soon was really cool. You really do get the feel this team is growing and coming together. We just have to keep the momentum going and take care of North Texas before heading to Los Angeles.

3 - OH MY WHAT AWESOME SWAG! Can you imagine if they sold this stuff either at the campus bookstore or online? Especially that hoodie Allegra Nigh is wearing. They could sell thousands of those!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby giacfsp » Tue Aug 30, 2011 11:59 am

Hope they beat the crap out of North Texas State Vocational School.
Then again, I always hope SMU beats the crap out of North Texas State Vocational School in every sport.
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Aug 30, 2011 12:07 pm

giacfsp wrote:Hope they beat the crap out of North Texas State Vocational School.
Then again, I always hope SMU beats the crap out of North Texas State Vocational School in every sport.

Have you seen what NTSU has done this season? They are outscoring their opposition 18-2 and have a 2-0-1 record.

Of course, their results include a 5-0 win against Texas Southern and a 11-0 win against Grambling State - two teams with RPIs in the 300s! Their draw was 2-2 against Oral Roberts.

We need to give them a dose of their own medicine and show them what it's like to play a real team this Friday!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby well travelled pony » Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:10 am

Love to see the ladies beating ou. Folks there seem to think that SMU doesn't have quality athletics. Well, ha! Got theme beat here!

Go Ponies!
well travelled pony
All-American

Postby NT_Fan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 8:16 am

How did your "real team" end up doing against "North Texas State Vocational School?"
NT_Fan

Return to Other Sports