PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Equestrian - Emma Roberts named All-American

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Equestrian - Emma Roberts named All-American

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Mar 29, 2012 1:09 pm

As anticipated, freshman Emma Roberts has been named All-American over fences by the NCEA!

http://www.smumustangs.com/sports/w-equest/spec-rel/032912aac.html

Roberts had the second best Adjusted VERS in the country over fences this season - a truly amazing accomplishment for her first season competing at the collegiate level.

Congratulations, Emma!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Equestrian - Emma Roberts named All-American

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:29 pm

I really really really hesitate to post this because people will think I need a life...

But, the SMU press release and NCEA web site have Emma's Adjusted VERS as 99.5, but I think it should be 100.5.

The spreadsheet on the NCEA website has her score against South Dakota State as 73 while the scoresheet for the SDSU meet linked on the SMU website has her score as 83 - which leads to a different average score in the total calculation.

Hopefully the NCEA and SMU can sort out if the 83 or 73 is correct.

(If it was any other score I wouldn't bother but if she broke 100 on the season it would be really cool!)
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby PonyTales » Fri Mar 30, 2012 11:36 am

Is there any real significance to breaking 100 there, other than eclipsing a nice round number?

Is that like rushing for 1,000 yards or batting .300?

Sorry. I just don't know anything about this sport. Either way, All-America means All-America! Congratulations!
PonyTales
Heisman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:14 pm

PonyTales wrote:Is there any real significance to breaking 100 there, other than eclipsing a nice round number?

Is that like rushing for 1,000 yards or batting .300?

Sorry. I just don't know anything about this sport. Either way, All-America means All-America! Congratulations!

No, just a round number...
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby SMU Pony Mom » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:27 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:I really really really hesitate to post this because people will think I need a life...

But, the SMU press release and NCEA web site have Emma's Adjusted VERS as 99.5, but I think it should be 100.5.

The spreadsheet on the NCEA website has her score against South Dakota State as 73 while the scoresheet for the SDSU meet linked on the SMU website has her score as 83 - which leads to a different average score in the total calculation.

Hopefully the NCEA and SMU can sort out if the 83 or 73 is correct.

(If it was any other score I wouldn't bother but if she broke 100 on the season it would be really cool!)

You may need a life - but it's appreciated!!!! So nice to get this type of info. Congrats to Emma!!
SMU Pony Mom
Heisman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:06 pm

SMU Pony Mom wrote:You may need a life - but it's appreciated!!!! So nice to get this type of info. Congrats to Emma!!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

It really is hard to make people understand how massive it is to have a freshman be named All-American and to have the NCEA seed us No. 5 in the Hunter Seat bracket at the national championships this season.

I know most people think equestrian is a joke sport, but these athletes work just as hard as the athletes in a lot of the other sports and they are representing SMU every time they mount a horse.

I'm always glad to know somebody else cares!

I do hope they get Emma's score corrected. It's definitely 83 or the margin of victory would be wrong too.

Go Ponies!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby ClassOf81 » Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:50 am

Being an All-America athlete in any sport is a huge deal.
Doing it as a freshman is unbelievable.
Congratulations, Emma!
ClassOf81
Heisman

Postby Junior » Sat Apr 21, 2012 12:59 pm

way to go, Emma!

great representative of SMU!
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Return to Other Sports