PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Women's Soccer - Five Mustangs on FC Dallas Women

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Women's Soccer - Five Mustangs on FC Dallas Women

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu May 10, 2012 9:43 pm

The FC Dallas Women WPSL team published their 2012 roster this week, and five former SMU players made the 30-player roster - including all three 2011 seniors Kaitlyn Eidson, Katherine Cox, and Courtney Webb.

Joining this year's seniors are Leslie Briggs, as well as Laura (Snyder) Flanagan, the 1999 WAC player of the year.

http://wpsl.info/team/indexr.php?tid=127

They play a 13-game spring/summer schedule (starting this Saturday), and with three Dallas area teams and one Ft. Worth team they have 9 local games.

http://wpsl.info/team/indexs.php?tid=127

The WPSL was confusing even before semi-absorbing the WPS this season, but I believe all of the teams in FC Dallas' division are fully amateur teams. I do think if you win the division and move on to the playoffs you do have the potential to meet semi-pro or professional teams.

Anyway, hopefully SMU fans around the area can make some of the games - and hopefully the players with ties to SMU will have a nice season.
Last edited by DanFreibergerForHeisman on Mon May 14, 2012 9:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Women's Soccer - Five Former Mustangs on FC Dallas Women

Postby PonyTales » Fri May 11, 2012 6:44 pm

I graduated almost 30 years ago, and I still don't (and never will) consider myself a "former Mustang." :)

Good luck to all five.
PonyTales
Heisman

Re: Women's Soccer - Five Former Mustangs on FC Dallas Women

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Fri May 11, 2012 6:55 pm

PonyTales wrote:I graduated almost 30 years ago, and I still don't (and never will) consider myself a "former Mustang." :)

Good luck to all five.

Very excellent point. Changed.

Go Ponies!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Women's Soccer - Five Mustangs on FC Dallas Women

Postby James2 » Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:13 am

PonyTales wrote:I graduated almost 30 years ago, and I still don't (and never will) consider myself a "former Mustang." :)

Good luck to all five.

I agree with you to some degree, since I am also a graduated but I've done my graduation 3 years ago (so not same experience as you).
I was reading a paper last night, I read that Dallas Mustangs FC Soccer Camp- Ages 8-12, week summer camp is from June 11-June 15, 2012. The camps will focus in teaching individual skills and techniques of the soccer match which are then practiced in fun live game situations. So I thought to share this news with everyone so that if somebody is interested and did not know then he or she may get advantage too...
Always love others to be loved...!
James2

Return to Other Sports