PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Soccer Camp

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Soccer Camp

Postby ponywhupp9202 » Fri Jun 08, 2012 5:39 pm

Anyone here have kids that have attended any of the SMU soccer summer camps? Just wondering what the experience was like as my 9 year old might want attend the upcoming day camp one in June.
ponywhupp9202
Varsity

Re: Soccer Camp

Postby Roach » Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:50 pm

I have a co-worker who has sent three kids (2 boys and a girl) to the SMU camps, and they loved it. I talked to him (dad) this morning, and he said the coaches (which included some former SMU players) were great the way they interacted with the campers of different ages, and tailored the drills to fit what each kid could do. The dad described the coaches are energetic, friendly, inspirational and enthusiastic, and said that he and his wife liked the fact that the kids aren't running all day long -- they got in the pool, got time to hang out with friends, etc.. His oldest has gone three summers in a row now, and they plan to go again next year (apparently they'll be out of the country most of the summer this year ... poor souls.)
Hope that helps.
Plagiarize!
Let no one else's work evade your eyes.
Remember why the good lord made your eyes.
So don't shade your eyes, just
Plagiarize, plagiarize, plagiarize!

(Only be sure always to call it, please .... "research.")
Roach
Heisman

Postby ponywhupp9202 » Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:53 pm

Appreciate the feedback; thanks.
ponywhupp9202
Varsity

Postby soccermom » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:32 pm

My daughter and a friend went several years ago and loved it. Glad to hear kids still like it.
soccermom
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Other Sports