PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

M-Soccer: UMKC Exhibition

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

M-Soccer: UMKC Exhibition

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:45 pm

The SMU men make their first appearance of the season Wednesday evening against Missouri-Kansas City at Westcott Field with a 7pm start time.

SMU is replacing a ton of starters from last season. It will be interesting to see how this one goes. Most of the experts seem to think SMU will be just fine.

It will also be great to (hopefully) get a glimpse of those new uniforms!

Plus, you don't get that many chances to play teams called the Kangaroos.

Go Ponies!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: M-Soccer: UMKC Exhibition

Postby homecookin' » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:09 pm

Long time fan, first time poster. I have high hopes for the men. I am such a Castillo fan. He just seems to have that "it" quality for coming up big in big moments. Last year was such a ride....hoping that winning mentality continues to build on itself.
I am not local enough to make the exhibition, can you report details for us out of towners? My plan is to come out for the SMU Classic weekend if I can make it work.
homecookin'

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:49 pm

homecookin' wrote:Long time fan, first time poster. I have high hopes for the men. I am such a Castillo fan. He just seems to have that "it" quality for coming up big in big moments. Last year was such a ride....hoping that winning mentality continues to build on itself.
I am not local enough to make the exhibition, can you report details for us out of towners? My plan is to come out for the SMU Classic weekend if I can make it work.

There should be plenty of information from SMU and on here after the game. No worries...

Go Ponies!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:02 am

SMU and UMKC played to a 1-1 draw. Tyler Engel scored early in the second half, and then we gave up a goal on a deflection a bit later.

Here is the press release from SMU:

http://www.smumustangs.com/sports/m-soccer/spec-rel/081512aaa.html
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Return to Other Sports