PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

W-Soccer: SMU vs. Oral Roberts

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

W-Soccer: SMU vs. Oral Roberts

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:41 pm

The Mustangs will officially get the Chris Petrucelli era off to its rightful start at Westcott Field this Friday for the home opener against Oral Roberts. Start time is 5pm.

After the disappointment of the 1-0 2OT road loss to San Diego State this past weekend, SMU (0-1-0) will want to bounce back with a nice performance against the Golden Eagles.

ORU comes into this one 0-1-1, after going to double overtime in both of their 2012 contests to date. They fell 2-1 at home to North Texas Friday, and followed that game with a 0-0 draw on the road at UMKC Sunday.

A lot of nice things have been said about SMU's performance Friday in San Diego, but the Mustangs certainly know they can play better - and they definitely know they can generate more offense.

There is every reason to believe SMU will come back with a strong performance to get the 2012 season back on track!

Go Ponies!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: W-Soccer: SMU vs. Oral Roberts

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Aug 22, 2012 10:07 am

The SMU men also play at Westcott against Campbell at 7:30pm Friday, and SMU is advertising one ticket gets you in to both matches, so stick around!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby August » Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:43 pm

While I wasn't able to attend, Gametracker is my friend and Ponies prevail, 2-1.

I love that Coach played everyone at least a few minutes presumably to try different formations and combos. That hasn't happened in a very long time. We out shot them by twenty something and had 11 corners to 1 for them and that bodes well. I know it's early but I can't help but believe that our offense is finally unleashed and we're going to find the back of the net on a regular basis.

Very excited to get this season into gear.
Don't confuse me with the facts; I've made up my mind.
August
Junior Varsity

Postby Pony4Life » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:26 am

We spent the entire game in front of their goal. There were some shots off the goalpost, and the fact that we didn't run them out of there was a result of being unlucky, as well as just not being used to scoring a lot of goals in recent years, but it looks like the offense will be fine. The game was nowhere near as close as the score.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:07 am

We hit a post and a crossbar and four or five of the ORU saves were on shots we absolutely ripped.

The movement was nice though. There are definitely a lot of good signs so far. The defensive organization was also pretty decent. We really only had one breakdown and ORU converted.

Arkansas will obviously be a much tougher test Sunday.

Wow, just looked at the box. I knew Redman had a big night but she ended up with 8 shots (4 on target)! I still think whenever she scores again they will start coming in bunches.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Return to Other Sports