PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Kenzie Scovill Named C-USA Co-Offensive Player of the Week

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Kenzie Scovill Named C-USA Co-Offensive Player of the Week

Postby PonyPride » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:15 pm

From SMUMustangs.com:

SMU Women’s Soccer: Scovill Named Co-Offensive Player Of The Week
Senior Tallied Seven Points In Undefeated Weekend For Mustangs
Aug. 27, 2012

DALLAS (SMU) - Senior Kenzie Scovill's stellar weekend performances against Oral Roberts and Arkansas weren't ignored, as she was honored with Co-Offensive Player of the Week honors, the Conference USA announced on Monday.

Scovill scored three times and added an assist during SMU's two games this week. Against Oral Roberts on Friday, Scovill scored the second and eventual game-winning goal in SMU's 2-1 home-opening win.

The senior starred even brighter in Sunday's dominant 4-0 SMU win over previously-unbeaten Arkansas. Scovill scored the first two goals for the Mustangs and also assisted on the third.

Last season, Scovill led the Mustangs in scoring with five goals. With three in the first three games, she could match that total by the end of this coming weekend, when SMU heads down to Austin for the Longhorn Invitational.

"The offense is looking to go through me," Scovill said after the Arkansas match. "I'm the one connecting.

"It's my senior year. It's time to go. I want the goals."

Scovill looks to continue her high-scoring ways as the season goes along, with some help from defender Courtney Smith. The pair has quickly found a chemistry to start the year.

"We've just got that timing down," Scovill said. "When she's got it on her left foot, I know where it's coming and I'm running in and she's looking for me. We're just getting connected and getting together."

The last Mustang to earn a Conference Player of the Week award was Kaitlyn Eidson, who earned defensive honors the week of Sept. 26, 2011.

SMU will take to the pitch next at the Longhorn Invitational in Austin. The Mustangs play New Mexico on Friday at 5 p.m. CT. On Sunday, SMU takes on No. 11 Virginia at 11 a.m. CT.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Kenzie Scovill Named C-USA Co-Offensive Player of the We

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:35 pm

Awesome! Congratulations to Kenzie - and keep scoring!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports