PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Melanie White Earns C-USA Co-Golfer Of The Week Award

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby PonyPride » Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:56 pm

From SMUMustangs.com:

Senior Set New Tournament Record In Her Win At Johnie Imes On Tuesday

Oct. 3, 2012

IRVING, Texas (SMU) - SMU Mustangs senior Melanie White has earned Conference USA Co-Women's Golfer of the Week honors after her stellar performance at the Johnie Imes Invitational in Columbia, Mo., on Monday and Tuesday. White broke the tournament record with a total score of 208 (74-65-69), good for 8-under par.

SMU won the team title at Johnie Imes as well, its second in three events this season. White led the charge, with 11 birdies and only one bogey during the final two rounds. The Colleyville, Texas, native has put in a lot of effort to get to where she is in her career.

"This award is extremely important to me because it shows how hard I have worked," White said. "I have been struggling with golf for a long time and it feels great to know that all my hard work has finally paid off."

SMU has a week off before heading to the Susie Maxwell Berning Invitational hosted by the University of Oklahoma. The team knows it will be a tough test, but White is confident in her team and their improvement during the season.

"We are just getting better and better every time," We want to win and we aren't done yet. There's still so much we can work on and we are looking forward to our next tournament."
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Return to Other Sports