PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

T.J. Nelson selected by FC Dallas in MLS Supplemental Draft

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

T.J. Nelson selected by FC Dallas in MLS Supplemental Draft

Postby PonyPride » Tue Jan 22, 2013 4:07 pm

From SMUMustangs.com:

Nelson Selected By FC Dallas In MLS Supplemental Draft

Jan. 22, 2013

NEW YORK (SMU) - SMU men's soccer player T.J. Nelson was selected by FC Dallas with the seventh pick in the fourth round (64th overall) in Major League Soccer's Supplemental Draft Tuesday.

"I'm really excited and blessed to be selected by FC Dallas," Nelson said. "I think this a good fit for me because Coach Erwin is there (SMU assistant coach in 2012) and Coach Hyndman has come out to watch several games. They know my capabilities and this selection shows faith in those abilities. I know some of the guys on the team which will definitely help for a smooth transition into the pros."

Nelson, a senior midfielder, was tabbed Second-Team All-Midwest Region by the NSCAA and was named to the All-Conference USA second team. He was part of the Mustang defense that led the league in goals allowed (6), goals-against average (0.75 per game), saves made (47, including three team saves) and shutouts (4). A two-time team captain, Nelson was selected to the Conference USA, Hurricane Classic and SMU Classic All-Tournament teams in 2012. Nelson appeared in 71 games for the Mustangs during his career, recording two goals and assisting on five others.

Nelson will join FC Dallas for preseason training camp, which opened Monday at FC Dallas Stadium.
PonyFans.com ... is really the premier place for Mustang talk on the Web.
New York Times

https://www.facebook.com/PonyFanscom/

twitter.com/PonyFans

https://www.instagram.com/ponyfans_staff/
PonyPride
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: T.J. Nelson selected by FC Dallas in MLS Supplemental Dr

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:20 pm

So excited for T.J. - hopefully things will work out for him!

It will certainly make following the FC Dallas preseason more interesting.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: T.J. Nelson selected by FC Dallas in MLS Supplemental Dr

Postby Digetydog » Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:52 am

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:So excited for T.J. - hopefully things will work out for him!

It will certainly make following the FC Dallas preseason more interesting.

I wonder if he has the opportunity to play overseas? If so, I think he should give a shot. You are only young once.

BTW - When I was a student, we had a guy who was All-everything. After graduation, he ended up playing in the Second Division in ICELAND. I couldn't believe that Iceland even had a 2nd division. It was a huge wakeup call for me on the difference b/w college soccer and the pros.
Do unto others before they do unto you!!
Digetydog
PonyFans.com Legend

Return to Other Sports