PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Equestrian: Schaefer Raposa Invited to Wellington WEF

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Equestrian: Schaefer Raposa Invited to Wellington WEF

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:36 pm

lwjr wrote:Congratulations to Shaefer and her horse. Got to show some love towards the horse.

Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Postby lwjr » Mon Feb 11, 2013 8:40 pm

Thanks DFFH
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Tue Feb 12, 2013 9:37 pm

Wow. I started my research on Baylor for the meet this Saturday and it really shows how great Schaefer Raposa's win was this past weekend.

Baylor's Samantha Schaefer is 8-1 over fences this year with 5 MVPs and an Adjusted VERS of 100.78! Amazing.

And, for good measure, she is also 7-1 on the flat with 3 MVPs and an Adjusted VERS of 97.63.

That is one high quality rider our Schaefer beat Friday night.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:17 am

Article in the Equine Chronicle:

http://www.equinechronicle.com/riding-and-training/club-show-news/fourth-annual-collegiate-equitation-challenge-hosts-16-ncea-schools.html

After three intense over fences rounds, Raposa faced off against Baylor University sophomore Samantha Schaefer. Both riders were aboard Jet Stream K, owned by Kama Godek. This year was Raposa’s first time competing in the class, and she was thrilled to be able to bring home a victory for her team. “I’m so excited! [Riding] is an individual sport, and I’m just happy to win as part of a team. It’s a great group of girls at SMU so it really makes it fun,” Raposa stated.

Raposa was also impressed by her high-quality mounts throughout the event. “I think I was very lucky with my draws. I got some great horses. Tonight, my first horse [Jimmy Torano's London] was little ‘woken up’ in the school area, but once we were in the ring he knew his job. The last horse [Jet Stream K] was a blast to ride. Wherever I turned and legged him on, he was right there with me at each jump,” Raposa described.

Assistant coach Natalie Burton couldn’t have been more pleased with Raposa’s performance. “She’s got so much talent and she’s such a great kid. She’s won so much, but she’s always open to advice and it really showed tonight. She adjusted from an interesting situation in the first round to some really great rides in the following rounds. She deserved every point of the 92,” Burton stated.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Previous

Return to Other Sports