PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

W-Soccer: Spring 2013 Schedule

Soccer, swimming, tennis, track and field - anything not covered above gets discussed here.

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

W-Soccer: Spring 2013 Schedule

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:09 pm

It's that time of the year again - SMU women's spring soccer!

SMU hasn't released the schedule yet, but we have started popping up on other schedules...

This spring will obviously be huge, with CP finally having the chance to work with the team without having the looming regular season right in front of the team. Don't forget he only had 16 days with the players before their first regular season game last fall.

There will be some interesting position battles to watch, and of course there are a lot of minutes to fill from Baum in the midfield, Scovill at forward, and Hartweck/Lewis at right back. It looks like we will be down to 16 rostered players for the spring, but that's about the same as we had last year and it didn't seem to be that big of a deal.

Here are the games released so far:

23 Mar 4pm Louisiana Tech (Westcott)
30 Mar 4pm The National Women (Westcott)
13 Apr 7pm Baylor (Westcott)

The game against the National Women should be interesting. It's a new professional team based in Austin that is playing a ton of colleges this spring:

http://thenationalwomen.com/about-the-nationals/the-nationals-schedule/

They don't have a roster on their website so it's hard to know what kind of players they have.
Last edited by DanFreibergerForHeisman on Sun Mar 10, 2013 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: W-Soccer: Spring 2013 Schedule

Postby SMU2007 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 11:27 pm

Dan- I don't mean for this to come across as rude, but how are you such an avid follower of so many "off the beaten path" smu teams? I am just curious.
SMU2007

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:10 am

SMU2007 wrote:Dan- I don't mean for this to come across as rude, but how are you such an avid follower of so many "off the beaten path" smu teams? I am just curious.

Well, the obvious answer is because those student-athletes are representing SMU. Plus, they are working just as hard if not harder than the athletes in the glamor sports.

The only "off the beaten path" teams I follow closely are w-soc, m-soc, and equestrian, although I will pay attention to the other sports as events warrant (conference championships, NCAA participation, milestones, etc.).

I'm sure people are bothered and concerned by the fact I follow some other sports passionately, but I am actually bothered and concerned more people don't.

Go Ponies!
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby bubba pony » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:15 pm

Dan, you do a great service alerting us about these sports.
thanks
bubba pony
Heisman

Postby SMU2007 » Mon Feb 25, 2013 1:36 pm

I don't see why anyone would be bothered by it, I was just curious if you had some connection to any of these teams. Pony up
SMU2007

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:39 pm

Oklahoma State shows a game in Stillwater on April 7:

23 Mar 4pm Louisiana Tech (Westcott)
30 Mar 4pm The National Women (Westcott)
7 Apr 3pm Oklahoma State (Stillwater)
13 Apr 7pm Baylor (Westcott)
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Return to Other Sports