PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Burger wars, re-visited

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Re: Re: Burger wars, re-visited

Postby RGV Pony » Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:00 pm

lwjr wrote:I was in Vegas this past weekend and stopped in for a bite to eat at, "StripBurger". The place is located in the Fashion Mall across from the Wynn. Big thick juicy patty, the Veggies were crisp and the shakes come with a shot of your favorite adult liquor. A very good burger and I highly recommend this place.

http://stripburger.com/

Seen that place a bunch, near maggianos. Never tried it though. Good work.
RGV Pony
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Burger wars, re-visited

Postby Peruna 2K5 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:29 pm

I was a fan of BLT Burger at the Mirage last time in Vegas. A little overpriced perhaps, but what else do you expect in Vegas?
Snuffers cheese fries
Peruna 2K5
All-American

Postby lwjr » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:36 pm

Peruna 2K5 wrote:I was a fan of BLT Burger at the Mirage last time in Vegas. A little overpriced perhaps, but what else do you expect in Vegas?

Heard BLT has a really good burger but Stripburger was closer that is why we ended up there. Will give BLT a try next time I'm in Sin City.
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby SMUer » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:28 am

In Dallas, try the "Nosh Burger" at Nosh on Oaklawn next to La Duni. I nearly cried it was so good.
SMUer

Postby Dutch » Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:55 am

well, i'm proud to say that Lakewood's 1st & 10 has been nominated for D Magazine's Best of Big D in the Best Burger Category. you can vote once a day. I'm counting on all my fellow ponyfans to help us stuff the ballot box. you don't have to vote in any other categories if you don't want to. we're the first category. no annoying site registration or email sign up either. just a few clicks is all it takes.
[url]
http://surveys.dmagazine.com/bestofbigd ... danddrink/[/url]

your help is much appreciated!
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby RednBlue11 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:31 pm

Link is broken

Sent from my Android HTC Rezound
"There ain't nothing you can't solve with one more beer"
RednBlue11
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Dutch » Thu Mar 15, 2012 4:00 pm

doesn't work on mobile.
Ok this is getting ridiculous...I agree with Dutch on THIS ONE POST by him totally
Dutch
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby PonyFan » Wed Mar 21, 2012 7:00 pm

If there is anyone in Dallas who has not yet been to Liberty Burger (northeast corner of Forest and Inwood) ... oh my god. The food there is unbelievable. I went at lunch today, and it was incredible. Everything from the bun to the toppings was great (the bacon was cut really thick), but the patty itself was out of this world. You know that smell when your neighbor is having a BBQ and the meat on the grill smells so good you start salivating? That's what the burger at Liberty Burger tasted like.

I'm going back - soon.
"What kind of weirdo school are they running over there in Fort Worth?"
- Randy Galloway
ESPN Radio (103.3 FM)
PonyFan
Heisman

Postby Junior » Thu Mar 22, 2012 2:55 pm

Plano 110 today.

Took forever.

Burger tasted a little different. It was good, but just tasted a little different.

Hadn't seen the bartender before. I think his name was Jeremy. Curly-headed dude. Really nice guy.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

Postby DanFreibergerForHeisman » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:31 pm

What in the world has happened to Jake's Uptown? The scenery has taken a massive nosedive over the past few months.

This past weekend I actually was delivered one of my beers and my food by a male. That might be the final straw.

The new one on Henderson has been good in the scenery department but it is off the list on the weekends when they require valet.
Shake It Off Moody
DanFreibergerForHeisman

Postby PonyGirl » Fri Apr 20, 2012 3:13 pm

DanFreibergerForHeisman wrote:What in the world has happened to Jake's Uptown? The scenery has taken a massive nosedive over the past few months.

This past weekend I actually was delivered one of my beers and my food by a male. That might be the final straw.

The new one on Henderson has been good in the scenery department but it is off the list on the weekends when they require valet.

Might have to try it!
PonyGirl
Varsity

Re: Re: Burger wars, re-visited

Postby couch 'em » Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:13 pm

PonyFan wrote:If there is anyone in Dallas who has not yet been to Liberty Burger (northeast corner of Forest and Inwood) ... oh my god. The food there is unbelievable. I went at lunch today, and it was incredible. Everything from the bun to the toppings was great (the bacon was cut really thick), but the patty itself was out of this world. You know that smell when your neighbor is having a BBQ and the meat on the grill smells so good you start salivating? That's what the burger at Liberty Burger tasted like.

I'm going back - soon.

Went there. Was packed by 11:15. Made sense after getting my burger. Pretty good
"I think Couchem is right."
-EVERYONE
couch 'em

Postby giacfsp » Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:46 pm

When the bun is the best part of the burger, that's not a good thing.

But that's exactly what I found when I stopped at BJ's Brewhouse in Addison for lunch Friday. They offer the option of a whole grain bun, which I took, and it was tasty. The burger itself, however, was thin, (too) greasy and undercooked, and completely void of flavor.

I'm not one to send food back, but when the bacon on the bacon cheeseburger was so undercooked it was possible to see through it, that was a major red flag, and I did send it back. When it came back, it still was under-cooked, but not as much, so I risked it. Still alive, but I won't do their burger again.

The beer was very tasty, thankfully.
giacfsp
Heisman

Postby Vitale » Thu May 03, 2012 7:14 pm

At the recommendation of someone on here, I went to lunch today at Naan Sushi in Uptown to try their burger.

The burger was phenomenal. It comes on a fairly thick bun with lettuce, tomato, cheese and bacon.

That alone would be good. But on top of all of that, there is one onion ring with some kind of braised brisket or something contained within the center of the ring. The burger is terrific and the stuff inside that onion ring is terrific, but put them together, and it's shockingly good. The accompanying fries were way too salty, but the burger was fantastic.

And it was only $4. I will be going back.
Vitale
All-American

Postby Junior » Sat May 05, 2012 10:37 am

Vitale wrote:At the recommendation of someone on here, I went to lunch today at Naan Sushi in Uptown to try their burger.

The burger was phenomenal. It comes on a fairly thick bun with lettuce, tomato, cheese and bacon.

That alone would be good. But on top of all of that, there is one onion ring with some kind of braised brisket or something contained within the center of the ring. The burger is terrific and the stuff inside that onion ring is terrific, but put them together, and it's shockingly good. The accompanying fries were way too salty, but the burger was fantastic.

And it was only $4. I will be going back.

I bought a Groupon for Naan for that specific reason. Looking forward to using it.
Derail the Frogs!
Junior

PreviousNext

Return to Around the Hilltop