PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Darryl Fields to Transfer

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Darryl Fields to Transfer

Postby Harry0569 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:15 pm

Per Rivals:

Terrible blow...he was going to be the real deal.
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Darryl Fields to Transfer

Postby Treadway21 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:21 pm

Sad, but unfortunately predictable. What is it with some of our big time recruits where they don't pan out? Good luck to Darryl in the future.
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby GiddyUp » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:22 pm

Awful - who is our backup???
Can't rely on a true FR
GiddyUp

Postby Harry0569 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:23 pm

GiddyUp wrote:Awful - who is our backup???
Can't rely on a true FR

Do they switch Kevin Pope back to RB?

I have to assume that this has been a long time coming, so it surprises me that Pope played LB during spring ball.

KC get ready big dog.
"smupony94: Harry, you have been promoted to purveyor of official status capabilities."
Harry0569

Postby NickSMU17 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:24 pm

Doubt it...this was known for awhile and they still made the announcement of pope to LB
NickSMU17

Postby Harry0569 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:28 pm

So Bryce Lunday is now the back up?
Harry0569

Postby NickSMU17 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:43 pm

nmechi....
NickSMU17

Postby Peruna94&07 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:46 pm

does this seem a little short sided on Fields part? We know that Zack is the man for the next two years, so if we actually RS him this year he would still have 2 years left at a D1 school opposed to going D2 this season. I know we are still a ways from being a powerhouse but why do all our Freshman/Sophomores feel they deserve to start. Get some education, bulk up and have killer Junior and Senior seasons. I would love to see the day when we have folks graduate we don't immediately go to freshman to fill the void. A seasoned junior will make the team great if we always have strong folks and depth which is what we lacked.
GO Ponies!!!!
Peruna94&07
Varsity

Postby NickSMU17 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 12:53 pm

Prob didnt help that we moved him to LB in the spring, or that for some reason we cant keep our top recruit from 2 seasons ago eligible, even though we know he is from po-dunk Oklahoma and will need extra help in the classroom....

I have a feeling we sold the kid on coming here to play RB, pretty sure he had many offers on the LB side, since that is where he really projects out with his running style, but when you can't play in the fall anyway and you aren't going to play RB in JJ offense, then its time to go...
NickSMU17

Postby Harry0569 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:07 pm

NickSMU17 wrote:nmechi....

That'd be great. Let's hope he can pick up the complicated blocking schemes, which I believe (along with the ankle injury) was the reason DF didn't see the field after the TCU game.
Harry0569

Postby Harry0569 » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:08 pm

NickSMU17 wrote:Prob didnt help that we moved him to LB in the spring, or that for some reason we cant keep our top recruit from 2 seasons ago eligible, even though we know he is from po-dunk Oklahoma and will need extra help in the classroom....

I have a feeling we sold the kid on coming here to play RB, pretty sure he had many offers on the LB side, since that is where he really projects out with his running style, but when you can't play in the fall anyway and you aren't going to play RB in JJ offense, then its time to go...

I honestly find it surprising that any RB would want to come and play in a RnS offense, where you know your touches will be limited. Hopefully with Mcneal and Line's success, we can attract more high profile RBs.
Harry0569

Postby lwjr » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:26 pm

He was also having some classroom problems. According to Fields, he came up a couple of credits short.
GO MUSTANGS!
lwjr

Postby Bergermeister » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:31 pm

lwjr wrote:He was also having some classroom problems. According to Fields, he came up a couple of credits short.

hard to imagine
Bergermeister

Postby White Helmet » Tue Jun 14, 2011 1:41 pm

Harry0569 wrote:
NickSMU17 wrote:Prob didnt help that we moved him to LB in the spring, or that for some reason we cant keep our top recruit from 2 seasons ago eligible, even though we know he is from po-dunk Oklahoma and will need extra help in the classroom....

I honestly find it surprising that any RB would want to come and play in a RnS offense, where you know your touches will be limited. Hopefully with Mcneal and Line's success, we can attract more high profile RBs.

Are the touches really that limited? Line was top 20 in carries last year.
White Helmet
Hall of Famer

Postby Chuck Norris » Tue Jun 14, 2011 2:22 pm

I have the feeling we'll be hearing about a transfer RB to SMU in the next couple of months...That will be eligible as early as next year.
The sole export of Chuck Norris is pain
Chuck Norris
Varsity

Next

Return to Football