PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

Headed over the 1st and Ten tonight

General discussion: anything you want to talk about!

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

Postby ponyboy » Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:12 pm

I like the part of town it's in. I guess I'm just saying that I am not a huge fan of having it in a strip shopping center. Maybe it would be better oh I don't know, where Fuzzy Taco is located. Great bar though. I was impressed and have recommended it to several friends.
I’m coming home
I’m coming home
Tell the World I’m coming home
ponyboy
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: Headed over the 1st and Ten tonight

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:48 am

Clown College wrote:
Junior wrote:
PonyGirl wrote:You can get Point Burgers all over town, in any of the places with "Point" in the name: Addison Point, Midway Point, Northwest Point, etc. Same guy used to own all of them, and the burger is exactly the same.

cue Dutch

You don't even have to summon Dutch...you can't even get the "exact same burger" from McDonald's locations.

So you're saying that there's a chance you could actually get a good burger from McDonalds? :P
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Postby Clown College » Sun Apr 29, 2012 4:11 pm

Was pointing out the disparity of food quality from location to location. Never commented on the quality of food at McDonalds. And that's disparity from a uniform chain of restaurants. There is absolutely zero relation between the point restaurants other than name.
Clown College
Scout Team

Postby Pony4Life » Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:42 pm

Whatever. I ate at Addison Point last week, and eat at 1st & 10 all the time. Exact same burger, exact same bun, exact same toppings, exact same cottage fries.

Both very good, of course, but exactly the same.
Fountain of youth
Giver of truth
Six parts gin
One part vermouth
Pony4Life
Heisman

Postby Longtime » Thu May 03, 2012 6:16 pm

Best thing about 1st and 10's location is the spacious parking lot.

I'll take the strip center parking lot over parking in a dark unattended lot, being towed or having to valet at a trendier location.

Once you step inside, you don't know you're in a strip center.
Longtime
All-American

Postby Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex » Sun May 06, 2012 10:15 pm

Clown College wrote:
ponyboy wrote:It was good. Location sucks badly, but you forget when you're inside. Point Burger was nice. I will be back.

Location sucks depending on where you're coming from. A legion of people swear by that location as they could probably stumble home if needed. Location sucks for me coming from uptown but I'm only going there for a specific purpose so you just grin and bear it.

It's what? 10 minutes from Uptown? You make it sound like you're coming from the bowels of Southern Dallas County.
Peruna_Ate_My_Rolex
Hall of Famer

Postby Mustangsabu » Sun May 06, 2012 11:04 pm

Clown College wrote:
Junior wrote:
PonyGirl wrote:You can get Point Burgers all over town, in any of the places with "Point" in the name: Addison Point, Midway Point, Northwest Point, etc. Same guy used to own all of them, and the burger is exactly the same.

cue Dutch

You don't even have to summon Dutch...you can't even get the "exact same burger" from McDonald's locations. Considering these different locations have had vastly different ownerships for the better part of a decade, saying the burgers are the same is pretty ignorant. Stick to cat food Ponygirl.

I do give the award to the Midway Point. Great burger. Also a bollocks location though.

---
I am here: http://tapatalk.com/map.php?hbd2qu
Mustangs Abu!
Mustangsabu
PonyFans.com Legend

Postby Ikus » Tue May 08, 2012 1:48 pm

Longtime wrote:Best thing about 1st and 10's location is the spacious parking lot.

I'll take the strip center parking lot over parking in a dark unattended lot, being towed or having to valet at a trendier location.

Once you step inside, you don't know you're in a strip center.

I have never had a particularly strong feeling about a parking lot, but I will say that my car was vandalized twice (keyed once, and window smashed and property stolen) in that parking lot.

(I know, it can happen anywhere, so I'm not suggesting the parking lot has anything to do with the food.)
Ikus
Heisman

Previous

Return to Around the Hilltop