PonyFans.comBoard IndexAround the HilltopFootballRecruitingBasketballOther Sports

National TV, zero fans in the camera view...

This is the forum for talk about SMU Football

Moderators: PonyPride, SmooPower

National TV, zero fans in the camera view...

Postby SMUer » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:35 pm

So we close the visitor's side completely so that we can concentrate on de-icing one side, offer free admission in desperation to try to fill our stadium for national television...and yet the TV camera stands point TOWARDS THE VISITOR'S SIDE! So during the game, it will literally look like nobody is in the stadium on national television. 1) We should build camera stands that point toward the home-side. Why it is not this way is beyond me. 2) If weird circumstances like this present itself...CLOSE THE SIDE NOT SEEN BY THE CAMERAS. Y U MAK THIS SO HARD?
SMUer
PonyFans.com Super Legend

Re: National TV, zero fans in the camera view...

Postby Grant Carter » Fri Dec 06, 2013 9:48 pm

SMUer wrote:So we close the visitor's side completely so that we can concentrate on de-icing one side, offer free admission in desperation to try to fill our stadium for national television...and yet the TV camera stands point TOWARDS THE VISITOR'S SIDE! So during the game, it will literally look like nobody is in the stadium on national television. 1) We should build camera stands that point toward the home-side. Why it is not this way is beyond me. 2) If weird circumstances like this present itself...CLOSE THE SIDE NOT SEEN BY THE CAMERAS. Y U MAK THIS SO HARD?

Easy, announcers will mention many times that the east side is closed. Never show the west side on tv, make people think it is absolutely packed with all the people from both sides squeezed in sitting on each other's laps.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby SMUer » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:29 pm

How many times can we say "please excuse our mess" on television until people eventually conclude we're a mess?
SMUer

Postby Rebel10 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:35 pm

Grant Carter wrote:
SMUer wrote:So we close the visitor's side completely so that we can concentrate on de-icing one side, offer free admission in desperation to try to fill our stadium for national television...and yet the TV camera stands point TOWARDS THE VISITOR'S SIDE! So during the game, it will literally look like nobody is in the stadium on national television. 1) We should build camera stands that point toward the home-side. Why it is not this way is beyond me. 2) If weird circumstances like this present itself...CLOSE THE SIDE NOT SEEN BY THE CAMERAS. Y U MAK THIS SO HARD?

Easy, announcers will mention many times that the east side is closed.

Agreed.
#HammerDown
Rebel10

Postby Treadway21 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:36 pm

SMUer wrote:How many times can we say "please excuse our mess" on television until people eventually conclude we're a mess?

Not a whole lot we can do about this one. Nothing will change the conditions and just think how many closings there were before it even iced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby Pony ^ » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:36 pm

Let's be honest here, the only people watching this game will be SMU an UCF fans. Other than that it will be on in bars with no sound, thus resulting in people thinking nobody is there (which will also be true..)
Pony ^

Postby Treadway21 » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:37 pm

SMUer wrote:How many times can we say "please excuse our mess" on television until people eventually conclude we're a mess?

Not a whole lot we can do about this one. Nothing will change the conditions and just think how many closings there were before it even iced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
An atheist is a guy who watches a Notre Dame-SMU football game and
doesn't care who wins.
-- Dwight D. Eisenhower
Treadway21

Postby SMUer » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:39 pm

Why didn't we decide to clear and sit everyone on the eastside? No excuses needed.
SMUer

Postby Grant Carter » Fri Dec 06, 2013 10:46 pm

SMUer wrote:Why didn't we decide to clear and sit everyone on the eastside? No excuses needed.

I agree with this but the problem is that even if they put all the people on one side it still will be an embarrassing crowd. At least if all the people there are out of camera view then viewers will just suspect we have a terrible crowd, but not be able to be sure.
Grant Carter
Hall of Famer

Postby gostangs » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:22 pm

Everyone chill. It's going to be 18. We finally have an excuse.
gostangs

Postby SMUer » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:32 pm

The better move was obvious, simple and no more expensive than the current plan...we're too happy and willing to fall back on excuses at SMU. I'm sure ESPN is really happy to have to explain over and over again that all the fans are on the other side of the stadium, they aren't televising from an empty stadium. SMU could have stepped up, made their program aesthetically look better but we didn't. I'm sure they will think "can't wait to be back!"
SMUer

Postby mrydel » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:32 pm

Agree with gostangs. East side vacant is a perfect excuse. Plus, as mentioned the only people watching this game will be SMU and UCF fans.
All those who believe in psycho kinesis, raise my hand
mrydel

Postby knuckleup » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:42 pm

All this constant continual negativity...just gets so old. Do you seriously have nothing positive to say about this team. Whatever your opinion is of the coach, the only impact you are having is negative about our fan-base and school and your only audience reading your constant negativity is the players, fans and prospective recruits...give it a rest, your story is old. We get it...empty seat...whatever. You hate the coach...whatever. These seniors deserve better. I will be there supporting their efforts.

I fully expect the haters and cynics to continue to bash, they can't help themselves....they are just unhappy people. Not one cent of the coaches salary was deducted from my paycheck. My jersey doesn't have coach jones name on the back, I support the player and so should you.
knuckleup
Junior Varsity

Postby sbsmith » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:44 pm

knuckleup wrote:All this constant continual negativity...just gets so old. Do you seriously have nothing positive to say about this team. Whatever your opinion is of the coach, the only impact you are having is negative about our fan-base and school and your only audience reading your constant negativity is the players, fans and prospective recruits...

Oh no what will the 2 star recruits with no offers think of us :lol:
They who would give up an essential liberty for temporary security, deserve neither liberty or security

-Benjamin Franklin
sbsmith

Postby fifty » Fri Dec 06, 2013 11:47 pm

They should hold world youth toboggan championships on the grassy hill. That will get some people into Ford.

fifty
Heisman

Next

Return to Football